Friday 30 September 2011


MEETHA KHAO, MEETHA BOLO

Born in a small district of Bulavathi in Bulandshehar, this actor has been really simple throughout his life, meet Jitendra Mittal in an interview with HT CITY.

He believes that theatre is the tool through which you can make lot of changes in the society.

When asked about whom he follows as an idol, Mittal says, “I don’t like to idolize or follow anyone but yes I had a great impression of person in my life, that is Raj Bisaria, being with him made my thinking broad, and that’s where I thank him.”

Jitendra loves to eat home made Makke Ki Roti and Sarso Ka Saag and loves to eat sweets too. He even has an ideology for this Meetha Khao, Meetha Bolo.

Mittal has written, directed and acted in more than 80 plays. Some of it includes the very famous Ssshh Century Buddha, Behtar Hai Maut, Hamara Koi Naam Nahi and Ek Bayaan.

I don’t go watch movies as such, but yes I like to watch some of the old films which may include Pakeejah, Umrao Jaan and Sholay.

Talking about his family’s support in his busy schedule while working for theatre, he replies, “My family has always known that theatre is of primary importance to me, and they have always cooperated with me through thick and thin.”

The artist has also played a role in Sudhir Mishra’s Yeh Who Manzil To Nahi where he has played the role of the young Habib Tanveer.

Currently Mittal is working on the scripting of his next play called Namunkin Nahi which will be presented to the public within the next six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment