Friday 30 September 2011


THEATER KEEPS ME STRESS FREE

Theater and Literature are the things through which I keep myself stress free, says famous stage actor and director Raja Awasthi in an interview with HT CITY.

Since my childhood I had a deep interest in literature and language, which I learned thoroughly and was of great help to me at later stage.

Talking on the term innovation, Raja says, “A similar script done by four different directors will be different and so will be their interpretation.Even I try to experiment with my work sometimes, and bring out something which can be called new.

Recalling one of his memorable moment in theaters, Awasthi says, “Was doing a play in which I wore broad moustaches, and by mistake it slipped and got into my throat and we had to give an unexpected ending to the play.”

The actor has acted in some famous plays like Kafan, Charandas Chor, Khadiya Ka Ghera, Saiyan Bhaye Kotwal and Dangaa.He has also participated in the world Drama festival in Norway.

He believes that theater gives healthy entertainment to society and also provides creative thinking and vision.

Besides theaters the actor has played roles as well as been the language coach in movies like Lagaan, Swades, Khoon Baha Ganga Mein, Yatharth and Chand Ke Paar Chalo.

Talking about the benefits with today’s reality shows, he says, People are getting direct platforms, to participate and show their skills, through which they can move ahead in life, this is a true benefit for them.

The actor loves to eat vegetarian Indian food. He has done plays in Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit and Awadhi languages.

He is the recipient of awards like Kadambari Award, Manchkriti Award, DrishyaBharti Award and also the best director in All India Railways. He has worked in the RDSO as a Senior Section Engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment