Friday 30 September 2011


MUSIC WAS BY CHANCE

It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all, says Ravi Nagar the famous theatre director famous for his music in the plays like Ek kisan ki kahani and the recently presented Shifa in an interview with HT CITY.

Our house is adjacent to Bhuiyan Devi Temple. As a child, I was fascinated by the music and dance recitals at the temple. Great masters like Shambhu Maharaj, Lachchu Maharaj, Gopi Krishna and Sitara Devi used to perform there during Holi.So, all these memories of my childhood attached me to music somehow.

Music came into my life just by a chance, ‘Tab yeh pata tha ki kuch karna hai, par yeh nahi maloom tha ki kya karna ha’. (At that time I was sure of one thing that I have to do something, but what to do, I didn’t know that) adds Nagar.

I am the only one in the field of music in my family. That too because my elder brother insisted me to learn music and finally got me admission in Bhatkhande, seeing my dedication towards music and I did my Visharad in music there.After which I went to Bombay to learn classical music from K.Mahavir of Jaipur Gharanahe says.

Nagar has scored music for the directors like Bhanu Bharti, RamGopal Bajaj, Tripurari Sharma, Jugal Kishore, Atamjit Singh, Urmil Kumar Thapliyal etc.

He is the recipient of Abhinav Kala Samman from the Madhya Pradesh Government for his score for ghazals written by Dushyan Kumar, he is also a serious reader of contemporary Hindi poetry. Some of his famous compositions include Nirala’s –Who Todti Pathar, Muktibodh’s-Main dekhta hoon Prithvi ke among a few others.

My journey up till now has been really beautiful, I got honor and recognition between the people who admire my creativity and that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment