Sunday 2 October 2011


I am ahead of times

The singer who made us break the shells and put on our dancing shoes on TWIST gets in a chatty mood with HT City.

How has the transition been from a pop singer to a mainstream singer?
Not very different. When I started my career, the kind of songs and music I used to do never existed in bollywood earlier. So, you can say I am ahead of times.
What exactly happen to Bombay Vikings?
Bombay Vikings will always be there. We established our band in 1992 and till 1993 it became solid.But,our band used to be more of western music.But,later for earning bread everyone went our own way, Then finally we parted in 1995.
What’s your take on the views of certain political parties about Non-Maharashtrians living in Bombay?
See, there is nothing like being Maharashtrians or being of any other specific state. I respect the emotions which one has for its state or region.But,our first duty is to be an Indian.
Tell us something about your forthcoming projects?
Yes, I have a song in Dulha Mil Gaya which is picturised on Shahrukh Khan, a song in Chance Pe Dance and another in Houseful.
How is the connect you find with Lucknow?
I would have loved to be in Lucknow.The food culture here is very rich. The Indian delicacy is famous till far abroad. ‘Kaash main bhi yahin ka hota’ he says.
You being a Non Resident Indian, have you completely shifted to India?
Yes, I have shifted over here as there is better scope for career.
Your voice has improved by leaps and bounds and you have been giving one hit after the another in movies. Why do you think you’ve succeeded?
I never felt that if any song of mine is hit then I am a star and should be extremely proud of it. The Mantra for success definitely is Feel Good Approach.
Is there anything in your career you wish you would have done differently?
This I feel after six or ten months later of my songs release and think I could have done better.
Who do you give your credit for success?
My parents, simple as that. They have always understood me and have always helped me in each and sphere of life.
What is the mystery behind your name?
Well , there is nothing like mystery .My real name is Neeraj Sharma.But,one of my father’s friend did not had children. Then my father said to him that my children are yours too. His surname was Sridhar.So,from then onwards my father kept mine and my brother’s surname as Sridhar.
Why do you change your looks frequently?
I never want life to be really boring. Not only I experiment on my looks but also on interior decoration for my house, the color of room’s wall and so on.
When do you believe was the turning point in your life?
When I launched , Kya Soorat Hai as a part of Bombay Vikings ,that phase I believe was the turning point in my life.
Do you believe you can match up to the singing in 60’s and 70’s?
Well not at all ! Legends will always be legends.
Have you ever been offered for acting in a movie?
Yes, I was offered a movie by Anees Bazmee.
You are said to be a Master Of Remix . What’s your comment on that?
Remix when made in a good way is appreciable. But , when it is more of nudity and exposure then I believe it is not worth.
Any message to the audience of Lucknow?
You have given me great love and support. And continue to give the same.

-Chandni Gulati.








No comments:

Post a Comment