Sunday 2 October 2011


Songs are like instant coffee

Singer Shaan was in the city to for a performance in Lucknow Mahotsav.

If not a singer, what else would you have been?
Journalist, I guess.
According to you which star on silver screen suits your voice the most?
Doesn’t matter whoever the star is. Its my labor and efforts which matter.
Do you see a revival in lyrics? And less thoughts or depth in songs?
Definitely, there is a complete change. Either the song can be good or bad. Lyrics are the foundation for a good song. And now-a-days somehow I felt that depth is missing.
Songs in Bollywood are identified with the actors than the singers? Does that bother you?
I think the labor of any singer is just for a few hours. But an actor shoots for days and months. So, it doesn’t bother me.
What changes do you see in this field regarding the increase in reality shows?
Well now-a-days songs are getting like instant coffee. Various artists try to get instant popularity which vanishes in a few days.
What do you feel special about Lucknow?
Lucknow is great.Lucknowites have always given special welcome to me.
Any upcoming projects?
Yes, you’ll get to see my songs in upcoming releases like 3 Idiots and Chance Pe Dance.
Do you feel that a song receive more popularity because it is visually attractive?
Yes, I believe that a song will grab more attention if it is visually more appealing.
What’s your take on the comment of Abhijeet Bhattacharya saying ‘Shaan is the best’ during his visit to Lucknow Mahotsav?
Oh! Thanks if he said so. Its great to receive such a good comment from him.
As it is said that Lucknow is the city for Nazakat and Nafasat? Did you felt the same?
Definitely, I can see the same. The Nawabi culture I feel is still alive.


-CHANDNI GULATI


No comments:

Post a Comment